Carl Laufer con The Hobbyist's Guide to the RTL-SDR: Really Cheap Software Defined Radio (English Edition)Available for PC, Mac, smart phones, tablets or Kindle devices
A comprehensive guide to the RTL2832U RTL-SDR software defined radio by the authors of the RTL-SDR Blog. The RTL-SDR is a super cheap software defined radio that grew from hacked DVB-T TV dongles.
This book is about tips and tutorials that show you how to get the most out of your RTL-SDR dongle. Most projects described in this book are also compatible with other wideband SDRs like the HackRF, Airspy, LimeSDR and SDRplay.
What's in the book?
- Learn how to set up your RTL-SDR with various free software defined radio programs such as SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio and more.
- Learn all the little tricks and oddities that RTL-SDR dongles have.
- A whole chapter dedicated to improving the RTL-SDR's performance.
- Dozens of tutorials for fun RTL-SDR based projects such as ADS-B aircraft radar, AIS boat radar, ACARS decoding, receiving NOAA and Meteor-M2 weather satellite images, listening to and following trunked radios, decoding digital voice P25/DMR/TETRA signals, decoding weather balloon telemetry, receiving DAB radio, analyzing GSM and listening to TETRA signals, decoding pagers, receiving various HF signals such as ham radio modes, weatherfax and DRM radio, decoding digital D-STAR voice, an introduction to GNU Radio, decoding RDS, decoding APRS, measuring filters and SWR with low cost equipment, receiving Inmarsat, AERO, and Iridium L-Band satellite data, and many many more projects!
- Guide to antennas, cables and adapters.
This book is updated every year to ensure information is fresh and up to date. Updates are available for free for all customers. Note: To update the book you must manually contact Kindle support and request the update.
Last updated to edition 7 on 19 February 2018.